- 1 octopus of 2 kg approximately
- 1 kg of small potatoes
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 ml olive oil
- Prepare the potatoes: Set the oven to 160º. Wash the potatoes well, they will cook with the skin. Put them in a baking dish, add plenty of coarse salt, cover with aluminum foil and roast for about 50 minutes.
The potato can not be hard or very soft, which sticks a toothpick without breaking it. Once done remove from the oven.
- Pour plenty of water in a pot, put on the fire, let boil and add the octopus, do not add salt, cook for 35-40 minutes, prick a tentacle to check that the texture if is firm but not hard. Remove from heat, let cool for 15 minutes and remove from water.
- Separate the head from the tentacles.
- Take a large oven tray, put the potatoes on the base of salt, over the tentacles of the octopus, season them with coarse salt to taste. Add the peeled garlic cloves, the whole parsley leaves, the 2 laurel leaves, and water everything with 250 ml of olive oil.
- Raise the temperature of the oven to 210 °, put the tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until it takes a golden color.
- Serve in the same tray so it does not get cold.
Add a Comment